Condo sales around the greater Daytona Beach rose in September, with strong median price gains in annual comparisons.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 127 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in September. That’s up by a handful of sales from the 120 units sold in September 2017. Similar to last year’s trend, MLS data shows September condo sales were significantly slower than the month prior. The reports also offered good news for Daytona condo owners’ home values as median sales prices climbed 15.5 percent to $234,000 over September 2017. Meanwhile, median prices were down by roughly 3 percent compared to August.
Year to date, median sales prices are up by just over 10 percent as total condo sales rose this month to just above the number of units sold during the first 9 months of 2017.
“These numbers are pretty typical for this time of year as our local families settle into a new school year and we await the annual onslaught of out of state snow birds,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange.
Inventory issues remained in the rearview mirror in September, with 1031 units made active on the MLS at some point during the month. That’s down from the 1067 units listed on the MLS in August, and it is up notably from the 855 condo units that were active on the MLS during September 2017.
“The local condo market conditions appear to be strong and steady as we head into the 4th quarter of 2018,” Wysocarski said.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- September 2018: 127 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $234,000.
- September 2017: 120 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $202,500.
- August 2018: 155 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $242,000.
- August 2017: 158 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $223,250.
- YTD 2018: 1195 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,500.
- YTD 2017: 1178 condo condotels sold with a median sales price of $188,500.
September Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 112 condos sold with a median price of $254,000.
- 15 condotels sold with a median price of $50,000.
The September 2018 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1,750,000 at The Fountains Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 9/14.
- A $840,000 condo sale at Ocean Vistas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 9/22.
- A $625,000 condo sale at Towers 7 Condos, Ponce Inlet on 9/24.
- A $610,000 condo sale at Ocean Shore Condos, Ormond Beach on 9/21.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 10/5/18 for the following periods: 9/1/18 to 9/30/18, 9/1/17 to 9/30/17, 8/1/17 to 8/31/17 8/1/18 to 8/31/18, 1/1/18 to 9/30/18, 1/1/17 to 9/30/17.