The median sales prices of condos around the greater Daytona Beach remained strong in December as sales fell slightly.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 116 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in December. That’s just a handful of sales short of reaching the 123 condo units that sold in December 2017. Meanwhile, median sales prices rose by just under 3 percent to $228,450, compared to prices in December 2017. In monthly comparisons, the median condo sales price skyrocketed by nearly 23 percent.
All told, median condo sales prices in 2018 were up by 10 percent, a figure many real estate experts predicted for Florida as the year began. As the year ended, total condo sales were 3.5 percent higher than the number of units sold during 2017, MLS reports show.
“As predicted, the condo market remained strong in December, and really, through the entirety of 2018,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “It’s a great way to close out the year.”
Inventory levels remained steady in December, with 1026 units made active on the MLS at some point during the month. That’s down 20 from the 1046 units listed on the MLS in November, but it’s a marked increase from the 923 condo units that were active on the MLS during December 2017. Through the course of 2018, some 3329 condo units were made active in the Daytona Beach MLS, about 5 percent higher than the number of condo units listed during 2017.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- December 2018: 116 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $228,450.
- December 2017: 123 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $222,000.
- November 2018: 104 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $186,000.
- November 2017: 105 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $177,000.
- YTD 2018: 1555 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $209,000.
- YTD 2017: 1501 condo condotels sold with a median sales price of $190,000.
December Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 102 condos sold with a median price of $238,250.
- 14 condotels sold with a median price of $64,250.
The December 2018 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- TWO $765,000 condo sales at St. Maarten Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 12/7.
- A $673,233 condo sale at Palma Bella Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 12/18.
- A $621,000 condo sale at Minorca Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 12/10.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 1/4/19 for the following periods: 11/1/18 to 11/30/18, 11/1/17 to 11/30/17, 12/1/17 to 12/31/17 12/1/18 to 12/31/18, 1/1/18 to 12/31/18, 1/1/17 to 12/31/17.