The median sales prices of condos around the greater Daytona Beach rose in November as sales held steady.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 104 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in November. That’s just one unit shy of the 105 units sold in November 2017. Meanwhile, median sales prices rose by more than 5 percent to $186,000 over prices in November 2017. Compared to October, the median condo sales price fell by more than 19 percent.
Year to date, median sales prices are up by just under 10 percent as total condo sales remained 4 percent above the number of units sold during the first 10 months of 2017.
“Overall, November was a good month for the Daytona area condo market,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “The slowdown in sales during November is a trend that’s typical as many of the area’s condo buyers shift their focus away from house shopping to spend more time on family and holiday fun.”
Inventory levels remained steady in November, with 1046 units made active on the MLS at some point during the month. That’s up by just a few from the 1042 units listed on the MLS in October, and it is an notable increase from the 915 condo units that were active on the MLS during November 2017.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- November 2018: 104 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $186,000.
- November 2017: 105 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $177,000.
- October 2018: 129 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,000.
- October 2017: 95 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $190,000.
- YTD 2018: 1436 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,250.
- YTD 2017: 1378 condo condotels sold with a median sales price of $188,500.
November Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 88 condos sold with a median price of $230,000.
- 16 condotels sold with a median price of $64,500.
The November 2018 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $997,500 condo sale at Tuscany Condos, Palm Coast on 11/30.
- A $699,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 11/9.
- A $590,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 11/30.
- A $560,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 11/9.
- A $530,000 condo sale at St. Maarten Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 11/8.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 12/6/18 for the following periods: 11/1/18 to 11/30/18, 11/1/17 to 11/30/17, 10/1/17 to 10/31/17 10/1/18 to 10/31/18, 1/1/18 to 11/30/18, 1/1/17 to 11/30/17.