The number of single family home sales across the greater Daytona Beach rose in for the second consecutive month in September.
For the month ending on September 30, 2018, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 390 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $232,500. It amounts to a 10 percent increase in sales compared to the same month last year, and a 3.5 percent rise in median sales prices. Compared to August, sales were down notably while median prices rose slightly.
Year to date, sales are up by 4 percent and median sales prices remain 7 percent higher than the first 9 months of 2017.
Comparisons to previous months and 2017 SFR sales figures are below:
- September 2018: 390 sales, $232,500 median sales price.
- September 2017: 353 sales, $224,500 median sales price.
- August 2018: 476 sales, $230,750 median sales price.
- August 2017: 429 sales, $226,000 median sales price.
- YTD 2018: 3927 sales, $228,000 median sales price.
- YTD 2017: 3774 sales, $212,950 median sales price.
“Compared to August totals, local home sales were noticeably slower in September,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “It’s a typical trend for the Daytona Beach area as our students return to the classrooms and we await the arrival of our seasonal residents.”
Inventory levels of existing single family homes listed on the MLS in September fell slightly. Although it’s the second consecutive month of decline, the inventory of available homes listed for sale remained well above the number of listings added to the MLS in September 2017. Overall, nearly 9 percent more homes have hit the market during the first nine months 2018 than were listed during the same period last year.
“With the local inventory levels now on stronger footing, many Daytona area home seekers are finally seeing more of the properties and features they’ve waited months to find,” Wysocarski said. “We expect area home sales to remain strong through the end of the year as the local market works through some of its pent up buyer demand.”
The detailed statistics are as follows:
- September 2018: 2337 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- September 2017: 1901 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- August 2018: 2388 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- August 2017: 2120 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- 2018 YTD: 7407 home listings were active at some point during the first 9 months of this year.
- 2017 YTD: 6798 home listings were active at some point during the first 9 months of last year.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Volusia and Flagler County areas. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 10/19/18 for the following periods: 8/1/17 to 8/31/17, 8/1/18 to 8/31/18, 9/1/17 to 9/30/17, 9/1/18 to 9/30/18, 1/1/17 to 9/30/17, 1/1/18 to 9/30/18. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests, including custom comparisons (date vs. date, city vs. city), are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.