Home Sales Down in December
Daytona Beach area home sales slowed in December, as median prices rose only slightly
For the month ending on December 31, 2018, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 396 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $224,900. It amounts to a nearly 8 percent drop in sales compared to the same month last year, and just a meager 1 percent rise in median sales prices. Compared to November, sales were up by 11 percent while median prices fell by 6 percent.
All told, sales in 2018 were up by nearly 4 percent and median sales prices rose by 6.5 percent over 2017 totals.
A look a the numbers
- December 2018: 396 sales, $224,900 median sales price.
- December 2017: 430 sales, $221,995 median sales price.
- November 2018: 356 sales, $239,850 median sales price.
- November 2017: 340 sales, $203,000 median sales price.
- 2018 Sales: 5132 sales, $229,000 median sales price.
- 2017 Sales: 4937 sales, $215,000 median sales price.
“Home sales weren’t as robust as we would have liked in December, but overall it was a good year for the local real estate market,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL.
Inventory levels dropped notably for the second consecutive month in December, but the number of available homes for sale was up by 9.5 percent compared to the same month last year. Overall, the number of homes to hit the market in 2018 was up by more than 6.7 percent over 2017 listing totals.
“It’s not unusual to see inventory levels fall a bit during December as people turn their attention to holiday festivities,” Wysocarski said. “It’s quite possible that we’ll see those inventory levels pick back up now that we’ve welcomed the start of a new year.”
- December 2018: 2271 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- December 2017: 2073 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- November 2018: 2381 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- November 2017: 2130 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- 2018 Inventory: 9069 home listings were active at some point during the year.
- 2017 Inventory: 8493 home listings were active at some point during the year.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Volusia and Flagler County areas. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 1/15/19 for the following periods: 12/1/17 to 12/31/17, 12/1/18 to 12/31/18, 11/1/17 to11/30/17, 11/1/18 to 11/30/18, 1/1/17 to 12/31/17, 1/1/18 to 12/31/18. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests, including custom comparisons (date vs. date, city vs. city), are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.