Despite lackluster sales, the median condo sales price rose higher in March.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 108 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in March. That’s a more than 18 percent drop in sales, compared to sales around the area in March of 2017 and 2018. Sales volume was down by more than 12 percent, reports show.
Meanwhile, the median condo sales price in March was $239,950, up more than 11 percent over median sales prices last year.
In monthly comparisons, March condo sales matched February sales. And prices rebounded strongly from the $180,000 median condo sales price reported in February.
“The area enjoyed strong gains in condo sales prices,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “It’s a good way to kick off Spring sales season.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- March 2019: 108 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $239,950.
- March 2018: 133 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $215,000
- February 2019: 108 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $180,000.
- February 2018: 96 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $172,450.
- Year To Date 2019: 301 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $208,300.
- Year To Date 2018: 329 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $189,000.
- Total Volume Sold in March 2019: $28,113,390
- Total Volume Sold in March 2018: $32,154,425
“Condotel sales around the Daytona Beach area were unexpectedly low for the second consecutive month.” Wysocarski said. “That, and the lower sales volume year to date, could be signals of changes occurring in our market conditions.”
March Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 101 condos sold with a median price of $245,000
- 7 condotels sold with a median price of $95,900
The March 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $760,000 condo sale at Ebb Tide Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 3/18.
- A $630,000 condo sale at Bella Vista Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 3/18.
- A $575,000 condo sale at Sherwin Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 2/13.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 4/9/19 for the following periods: 3/1/19 to 3/31/19, 3/1/18 to 3/31/18, 2/1/18 to 2/28/19, 2/1/17 to 2/28/19, 1/1/19 to 3/31/19, 3/1/18 to 3/31/18