After a slight improvement in October, Daytona area condo sales fell again in November.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 98 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in November with a median sales price of $231,375. That’s 8 percent lower than condo sales were a year ago and more than 32 percent fewer sales than in October. Sales volume was also down in both monthly and annual comparisons.
Meanwhile, MLS reports show the median condo sales price rose nicely in November. The median sales price was up by more than 20 percent compared October 2018. And it was 13 percent higher than the previous month.
Year to date, condo sales are down by 1.5 percent and the median condo sales price is only marginally higher than it was this time last year. Sales volume for the 11-month period is a nominal 0.5 percent higher than the first 11 months of 2018.
“Many real estate experts are predicting 2020 will bring a decline in home sales and an overall flat trend in home prices.” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “I tend to agree, and we’re already seeing some of those conditions in our local condo market.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- November 2019: 98 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $231,375.
- November 2018: 107 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $190,000.
- October 2019: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $204,500.
- October 2018: 131 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,000.
- Year To Date 2019: 1413 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $208,000.
- Year To Date 2018: 1440 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,250.
- Total Volume Sold in November 2019: $24,231,001
- Total Volume Sold in November 2018: $24,690,540.
November Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 90 condos sold with a median price of $237,800.
- 8 condotels sold with a median price of $75,300.
The November 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1,500,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 11/5.
- A $935,000 condo sale at Cambria Condos at Hammock Dunes, Palm Coast on 11/6.
- A $875,000 condo sale at Minorca Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 11/21.
- A $530,000 condo sale at Moontide Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 11/22.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 12/9/19 for the following periods: 11/1/19 to 11/30/19, 11/1/18 to 11/30/18, 10/1/18 to 10/31/18, 10/1/19 to 10/31/19, 1/1/19 to 11/30/19, 1/1/18 to 11/30/18.