Daytona area condo sales were up notably in May.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 148 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in May. It’s a 13.8 percent increase in sales, compared to sales totals in May of 2018. Median sales prices, however, fell slightly by 2 percent.
Monthly comparisons showed May condo sales were slightly weaker than in April, while median prices were a bit stronger.
While there were healthy gains in sales totals, MLS reports show sales volume was up by even stronger margins. Sales volume in May 2019 was nearly 20 percent higher than during the same month last year. Year-to-date, sales totals finally caught up with 2018 figures, bringing both sales and median prices for the first five months of 2019 almost lock-step with the first five months of 2018.
“It’s heartening to see that the cumulative sales totals are no longer down,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “It leaves hope that this season’s sellers could still draw strong offers on their homes.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- May 2019: 148 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,000.
- May 2018: 130 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $211,500.
- April 2019: 155 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $195,000.
- April 2018: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,500.
- Year To Date 2019: 609 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $205,000.
- Year To Date 2018: 605 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $205,000.
- Total Volume Sold in May 2019: $37,458,142.
- Total Volume Sold in May 2018: $31,221,190.
“Vacation condo sales around the Daytona Beach area were strong in May,” Wysocarski said. “In fact, the condotel sales are culprit behind the lower median condo sales price. When those sales are removed from the calculations, the median condo sales price around Daytona Beach was a healthy $233,500 in May.”
May Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 124 condos sold with a median price of $233,500.
- 24 condotels sold with a median price of $67,500.
The May 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $925,000 condo sale at Minorca Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 5/21.
- A $770,000 condo sale at Savona at Hammock Dunes Condos, Palm Coast on 5/28.
- A $750,500 condo sale at Towers Seven Condos, Ponce Inlet on 5/23.
- A $619,000 condo sale at Bella Vista Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 5/17.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 6/10/19 for the following periods: 5/1/19 to 5/31/19, 5/1/18 to 5/31/18, 4/1/18 to 4/30/18, 4/1/19 to 4/30/19, 1/1/19 to 5/31/19, 1/1/18 to 5/31/18.