After a rough start to the new year, condo sales and prices picked up in February.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 108 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in February. That’s a 12.5 percent increase in sales transactions, compared to February 2018, and a 4 percent increase in median sales prices. The overall volume of condo sales was up 6 percent in year over year comparisons.
In monthly comparisons, sales grew nearly 36 percent compared to the paltry 79 units sold in January. Median prices in February were up by a scant 2 percent, compared to the previous month.
“We’re happy to see condo sales picking up,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “We will be watching the sales trends and prices closely as we move into the spring sales season.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- February 2019: 108 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $180,000.
- February 2018: 96 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $172,450
- January 2019: 79 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $176,000.
- January 2018: 100 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $212,500.
- Total Volume Sold In February 2019: $23,038,800
- Total Volume Sold in February 2018: $21,723,885
“One trend we’re keeping an eye on right now is condotel sales” Wysocarski said. “With Race Week and Bike Week visitors in town, February are March tend to be busy months for these types of vacation condo sales. The number of condotel sales fell dramatically in February, compared to the 23 units sold last year.”
February Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 102 condos sold with a median price of $192,500
- 6 condotels sold with a median price of $91,250.
The February 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include: NOT UPDATED
- A $950,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 2/12.
- A $640,000 condo sale at Bella Vista Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 2/21.
- A $540,000 condo sale at Island Crowne Condos, Daytona Beach on 2/13.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 3/7/19 for the following periods: 1/1/19 to 1/31/19, 1/1/18 to 1/31/18, 2/1/18 to 2/28/19, 2/1/17 to 2/28/19.