Daytona area condo prices fell hard in June.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed a substantial median price drop, compared to condo sales in May. There were 146 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in June with a $175,100 median sales price. That median price is more than 15 percent lower than the $207,000 median price in May. It’s 5.8 percent lower than the median price in June 2018.
Sales totals and sales volume were also down in both monthly and annual comparisons, MLS data shows. In fact, sales volume was down by more than $5 million, compared to May. And in annual comparisons, volume was down by $1.8 million.
Year-to-date, sales and median prices for the first half of 2019 are nearly level with the first 6 months of 2018.
“I would have liked to see some growth in sales and median prices during June,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “But sales and prices were steady compared to last year, and that’s still a good thing.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- June 2019: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $175,100.
- June 2018: 157 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $186,000.
- May 2019: 148 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,000.
- May 2018: 130 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $211,500.
- Year To Date 2019: 761 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $198,000.
- Year To Date 2018: 762 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $197,750.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2019: $32,530,997.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2018: $34,381,140.
“Vacation condo sales around the Daytona Beach area were quite strong in June, with condotel sales and median prices both up notably over what we saw in May,” Wysocarski said. “It’s a good indicator that the local real estate market is still on strong footing.”
June Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 112 condos sold with a median price of $242,450.
- 34 condotels sold with a median price of $75,500.
The June 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $880,000 condo sale at Aliki Tower Condos, Daytona Beach on 6/3.
- A $850,000 condo sale at Sandcastle Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 6/21.
- A $635,000 condo sale at Towers Eight Condos, Ponce Inlet on 6/12.
- A $599,900 condo sale at Towers Seven Condos, Ponce Inlet on 6/28.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit TheWyseCondoTeam.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/8/19 for the following periods: 5/1/19 to 5/31/19, 5/1/18 to 5/31/18, 6/1/18 to 6/30/18, 6/1/19 to 6/30/19, 1/1/19 to 6/30/19, 1/1/18 to 6/30/18.