Median home sales prices rose in June, as sales fell across the Daytona Beach area.
For the month ending on June 30, 2019, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 475 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $256,900. That’s a 12 percent drop in sales compared to sales totals in May. And it’s a 4 percent decline compared to same month last year. Fortunately, the median sales price for homes sold across Daytona in June were higher in both monthly and annual comparisons. MLS reports show median prices were up by 16 percent compared to the same month last year. And the median prices in June were 4.8 percent higher than in May.
Year to date, single family home sales are down by 2.2 percent across the Daytona area, while prices are up by 5.7 percent. And sales volume is up 4.7 percent compared to the first half of 2018, according to MLS reports.
- June 2019: 475 sales, $256,900 median sales price.
- June 2018: 495 sales, $220,900 median sales price.
- May 2019: 543 sales, $245,000 median sales price.
- May 2018: 527 sales, $229,900 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2019: 2539 sales, $733,205,376 sales volume, $240,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2018: 2598 sales, $699,794,465 sales volume, $227,000 median sales price.
“Year to date, home sales in the area continue to fall short of last year’s totals. And recent reports indicate the average tenure for homeowners has reached a record high of 8.3 years.,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “Basically, a lot of homeowners are staying put in their homes right now, and the result is little to no growth in home sales across Volusia County.”
Persistent inventory shortages put a damper on home sales nationally in June, but the number of homes listed in the Daytona Beach Area MLS held fairly steady. Year to date, the inventory of single family homes listed on the MLS is up by 4.7 percent over the first half of last year, according to MLS data.
- June 2019 Inventory: 2440 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2019 Inventory: 5762 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2018 Inventory: 5503 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where homebuyers shop. Despite a drop in sales from the previous month, Ormond Beach continued to show the strongest sales in June when compared to other cities in Volusia County. Ormond Beach also saw a substantial 19 percent increase in the median sales price, compared to May. New Smyrna Beach median home sales price in June was notably higher than other Volusia cities at $384,450.
- Ormond Beach: 114 sales, $313,750 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 57 sales, $163,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 60 sales, $262,500 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 96 sales, $257,730 median sales price
- New Smyrna Beach: 63 sales, $384,450 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/22/19 and 7/23/19 for the following periods: 5/1/18 to 5/31/18, 5/1/19 to 5/31/19, 6/1/18 to 6/30/18, 6/1/19 to 6/30/19, 1/1/18 to 6/30/18, 1/1/19 to 6/30/19. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 7/24/19 for the period of 6/1/19 to 6/30/19. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.