The Wyse Report
For Immediate Release: Feb. 8, 2016
(Daytona Beach, FL) – An analysis by The Wyse Home Team at Keller-Williams Realty in Port Orange, FL, showed sales and prices of condos and condotels in the Daytona Beach remained strong and steady in January, compared to a year earlier. According to the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS), there were 88 condo sales in January, just 2 sales less than were closed in 2015. Median sales prices, meanwhile, rose by over 8 percent to 155,500.
“Condo Sales were strong and steady in January, which is typically a slightly slower month for condo sales in the Daytona Beach area,” said Ron Wysocarski, CEO of The Wyse Home Team at Keller Williams Realty in Port Orange.
January Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- Jan. 2016: 88 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $155,500.
- Jan. 2015: 90 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $143,000.
- Dec. 2015: 106 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $182,750.
January Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- Jan. 2016: 80 condos sold with a median price of 164,250.
- Jan. 2016: 8 condotels sold with a median price of 56,000.
“The robust market for luxury condos was the big story in January,” Wysocarski said. “One condo sold for over $1 million, 5 more sold above the $500,000 mark, and another dozen executive condos sold in the $300,000-$500,000 range. That’s quite an improvement over last January’s sales, which offered no million dollar transactions, just 3 condos over $500,000 and half as many executive condo sales.”
The January 2016 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1.2 Million condo sale in Aliki Tower, Daytona Beach Shores on 1/11.
- A $690,000 condo sale at Minorca Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 1/25.
- A $683,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 1/22.
- A $650,000 condo sale at Ocean Villas Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 1/8.
- A $585,000 condo sale at Capriana Condos, Ormond By The Sea on 1/11.