Median home sales prices rose dramatically across the Daytona Beach area in November.
For the month ending on November 30, 2018, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 356 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $239,850. It amounts to a 4.7 percent increase in sales compared to the same month last year, and an 18 percent rise in median sales prices.
Compared to October, sales were down by nearly 13 percent while median prices rose slightly. Year to date, sales are up by 4.5 percent and median sales prices remain nearly 8.5 percent higher than the first 11 months of 2017.
Comparisons to previous months and 2017 SFR sales figures are below:
- November 2018: 356 sales, $239,850 median sales price.
- November 2017: 340 sales, $203,000 median sales price.
- October 2018: 409 sales, $236,900 median sales price.
- October 2017: 393 sales, $215,000 median sales price.
- YTD 2018: 4714 sales, $229,995 median sales price.
- YTD 2017: 4507 sales, $212,000 median sales price.
“We’re finishing the year nicely, with strong sales totals and high median sales price,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL.
Inventory levels in November dropped some compared to October, but the number of available homes for sale was up by more than 11 percent compared to the same month last year. Overall, 7 percent more homes have hit the market during the first 11 months of 2018 than were listed during the same period last year.
“The stronger inventory levels are helping homebuyers who’ve waited all year to find the home of their dreams,” Wysocarski said. “These buyers are motivated to finally get moved into a new place, and we’re seeing evidence of that in the strong sales totals.”
The detailed statistics are as follows:
- November 2018: 2381 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- November 2017: 2130 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- October 2018: 2463 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- October 2017: 2128 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- 2018 YTD: 8614 home listings were active at some point during the first 10 months of this year.
- 2017 YTD: 8035 home listings were active at some point during the first 10 months of last year.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Volusia and Flagler County areas. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 10/19/18 for the following periods: 10/1/17 to 10/31/17, 10/1/18 to 10/31/18, 11/1/17 to11/30/17, 11/1/18 to 11/30/18, 1/1/17 to 11/30/17, 1/1/18 to 11/30/18. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests, including custom comparisons (date vs. date, city vs. city), are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.