There was an unexpected rise in home sales across the greater Daytona Beach area in July.
For the month ending on July 31, 2019, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 515 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $240,400. That’s a 10 percent increase in sales compared to the same month a year earlier. And it’s a 7.5 percent increase over home sales in June. Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes sold across Daytona in July were up nearly 7 percent in annual comparisons. But in monthly comparisons, the median price was down more than 5.5 percent.
The home sales spike in July helped bring overall sales in line with last year. Year to date, there have been just 4 fewer single family home sales across the Daytona Beach area than took place during the same period of 2018. The median sale price for homes sold in the first 7 months of the year is 5.8 percent higher than it was last year. And sales volume is up 7 percent compared to the first 7 months of 2018, according to MLS reports.
- July 2019: 515 sales, $240,400 median sales price.
- July 2018: 467 sales, $224,805 median sales price.
- June 2019: 479 sales, $255,200 median sales price.
- June 2018: 495 sales, $220,900 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2019: 3061 sales, $888,852,641 sales volume, $240,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2018: 3065 sales, $825,942,469 sales volume, $226,800 median sales price.
“The sales spike in July was a welcome surprise,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “With more than half of the year passed, we’re looking at market conditions right now that are about level what they were around this time last year.”
The number of homes listed in the Daytona Beach Area MLS held fairly steady. There were 12 fewer homes active on the MLS in July than were available in June. And the inventory total is 4 higher than the number of homes on the market in July 2018. Year to date, the inventory of single family homes listed on the MLS is up 4 percent over the first seven months of 2018, according to MLS data
- July 2019 Inventory: 2428 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2019 Inventory: 6428 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2018 Inventory: 6161 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers shop. More homes were sold in Ormond Beach than other key cities on the east side of Volusia County. New Smyrna Beach held it’s rank as being home to the highest median sales price at $379,125. And notably, home sales and the median sales price across the beachside areas from Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet were particularly strong in July.
- Ormond Beach: 130 sales, $295,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 69 sales, $169,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 71 sales, $300,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 98 sales, $250,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 70 sales, $379,125 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 8/19/19 for the following periods: 7/1/18 to7/31/18, 7/1/19 to 7/31/19, 6/1/18 to 6/30/18, 6/1/19 to 6/30/19, 1/1/18 to 7/31/18, 1/1/19 to 7/31/19. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 8/19/2019 for the period of 7/1/19 to 7/31/19. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.