Daytona Beach Condo Sales - June 2021
Condo sales remained strong in June across the Daytona Beach area.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 198 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in June with a median sales price of $257,450. It’s a few units less than the number of condos sold in May and up 17 percent from June 2020. Sales volume in June was up by more than $15 million from last year. And MLS reports show the median condo sales price in June was 14 percent higher than the median price in 2020.
“As anticipated, condo sales and prices remained steady during June,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “And while Daytona Beach condo market conditions have been very strong, it remains to be seen if the recent collapse of a south Florida condo building will impact condo sales locally during July.”
The inventory of available condos fell further in June, resulting in just 448 condo units made active at some point during the month. That’s down from 460 units active in May and it’s 55 percent lower than the 1,014 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during June 2020.
Year to date, condo sales are up 72 percent and the median condo sales price rose 22 percent over the first half of 2020.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- June 2021: 198 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $257,450.
- June 2020: 169 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $225,000.
- May 2021: 201 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $235,000.
- May 2020: 81 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $200,000.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2021: $55,509,128.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2020: $40,632,403.
- Total Volume Sold in May 2021: $56,615,645.
- Year To Date 2021: 1205 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $259,900.
- Year To Date 2020: 700 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $212,250.
“We saw another uptick in sales during June at Daytona’s resort-style condotel buildings,” Wysocarski said. “The area continues to be an attractive spot for affordable vacation investments.”
June 2021 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 163 condos sold with a median price of $295,000.
- 35 condotels sold with a median price of $99,900.
June 2021 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/9/2021 for the following periods: 5/1/2021 to 5/31/2021, 5/1/20 to 5/31/20, 6/1/21 to 6/30/21, 6/1/20 to 6/30/20, 1/1/20 to 6/30/20, 1/1/21 to 6/30/21.