2021 Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales
Condo sales slowed notably across the Daytona Beach area in December.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 141 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in December with a median sales price of $300,000. That number is down in both monthly and yearly comparisons, with sales falling 26 percent from last year and down 20 percent from November. And despite the strong gains in condo values, sales volume also was down by $4.2 million from December 2021.
MLS reports show the median condo sales price in December was 20 percent higher than the median sales price in December 2020, though it was down $15,000 from November.
“Despite the decline in condo sales, there continues to be a lot of pent-up demand in the market, with inventory levels still hanging at rock bottom,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange.
The inventory of available condos fell in December to 435, down from 497 condo units made active in November. It’s nearly 34 percent lower than the 659 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during December 2020.
But as the year drew to its end, condo sales overall were up 21 percent and the median condo sales price rose 12.8 percent over 2020.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined
- Dec. 2021: 141 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $300,000.
- Dec. 2020: 191 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $250,000.
- Nov. 2021: 177 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $315,000.
- Nov. 2020: 155 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $259,400.
- Total Volume Sold in Dec. 2021: $48,597,183.
- Total Volume Sold in Dec. 2020: $52,806,399.
- Total Volume Sold in Nov. 2021: $59,030,428.
- Year To Date 2021: 2247 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $265,000.
- Year To Date 2020: 1853 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $235,000.
“Like the area’s residential condos, there also was a decline in sales at our resort-style condotel buildings during December,” Wysocarski said.
Dec. 2021 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 128 condos sold with a median price of $320,000.
- 13 condotels sold with a median price of $135,000.
Dec. 2021 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 1/3/2022 for the following periods: 12/1/2021 to 12/31/2021, 12/1/20 to 12/31//20, 11/1/21 to 11/30/21, 11/1/20 to 11/30/20, 1/1/20 to 12/31/20, 1/1/21 to 12/31/21.