All I want For Christmas Is A Beach Condo
Soaring condo sales across the Daytona Beach area in December suggested that easy access to the beach life topped a growing number of families' holiday wish lists this year.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 188 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in December with a median sales price of $248,950. That’s a 32 percent increase in condo sales over last year and a 22 percent increase over condo sales in November. Sales volume was up 40 percent during December compared to the same month last year.
The median condo sales price also was up in annual comparisons, by 14 percent, but down from the median condo sales price in November. This, as inventory of available condos in the area dropped to just 657 units active during the month of December. That is 91 fewer units than were available November and it’s 31 percent lower than the 957 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during December 2019.
Overall, both condo sales and the median condo sales price are up for 2020, according to MLS data. All told, condo sales were 18 percent higher than in 2019 and the median sales price was up nearly 13 percent.
“An increase in sales and decrease in median sales price from November to December is a typical for the Daytona Beach condo market,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “We continue to see the Daytona Beach condo market behaving as expected even though many events in 2020 were far from expected.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- December 2020: 188 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $248,950.
- December 2019: 142 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $217,500.
- November 2020: 154 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $260,000.
- November 2019: 102 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $229,725.
- Total Volume Sold in December 2020: $51,604,899.
- Total Volume Sold in December 2019: $36,812,040.
- Total Volume Sold in November 2020: $42,249,926.
- Condo Sales Totals For 2020: 1845 units sold, $475,655,176 sales volume, $235,000 median sales price.
- Condo Sales Totals For 2019: 1560 units sold, $377,755,333 sales volume, $208,150 median sales price.
“Despite the ongoing pandemic, demand for vacation condos and condotels in Daytona Beach remains strong,” Wysocarski said
November Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 171 condos sold with a median price of $268,000.
- 17 condotels sold with a median price of $69,900.
The November 2020 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 1/11/2021 for the following periods: 12/1/20 to 12/31/20, 12/1/19 to 12/31/19, 11/1/20 to 11/30/20, 11/1/19 to 11/30/19, 1/1/20 to 12/31/20, 1/1/19 to 12/31/19.