Condo Sales Continued To Soar In October
Condo sales and prices soared across the Daytona Beach area in October.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 203 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in October with a median sales price of $255,000. That’s near level with condo sales in September and it’s a marked 39 percent higher than last year’s sales condo sales. Sales volume was up in both monthly and annual comparisons.
MLS reports show the median condo sales price also was up in both monthly and annual comparisons. The median condo sales price in October was 12 percent higher than the previous month and 24 percent higher than the October 2019. This, even as inventory of available condos in the area fell to a notably low 762 condo units active during the month of October. That is 7 percent lower than in September and 24 percent lower than the number available condo units in October 2019.
In year-to-date comparisons, condo sales and the median condo sales price are up for 2020, according to MLS data. All told, the number of condo sales completed during the first 10 months of 2020 were 14 percent higher than same period of 2019. The median sales price was up 12 percent in year to date comparisons.
“There was a strong start to 4th quarter condo sales in the Daytona Beach area,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “There continues to be high buyer demand and inventory levels are still remarkably low.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- October 2020: 203 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $255,000.
- October 2019: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $204,500.
- September 2020: 204 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $226,425.
- September 2019: 123 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $234,500.
- Total Volume Sold in October 2020: $ 54,220,150.
- Total Volume Sold in October 2019: $ 35,046,078.
- Total Volume Sold in September 2020: $52,887,130.
- Year To Date 2020: 1501 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $230,000.
- Year To Date 2019: 1316 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $205,000.
“Vacation condo sales prices around Daytona Beach continued to be strong in October,” Wysocarski said.
October Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 181 condos sold with a median price of $277,500.
- 22 condotels sold with a median price of $100,250.
The October 2020 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 11/9/2020 for the following periods: 10/1/20 to 10/31/20, 10/1/19 to 10/31/19, 9/1/20 to 9/30/20, 9/1/19 to 9/30/19, 1/1/20 to 10/31/20, 1/1/19 to 10/31/19.