Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales For January 2023
The number of condos sold in January across the Daytona Beach area was less than half the number of units sold just one year ago.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 64 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in January with a median sales price of $314,000. That’s down 1.5 percent in monthly comparisons and represents a steep 54 percent decline in year-over-year comparisons. Sales volume in January was down by more than $23 million from last year, according to MLS reports. Meanwhile, the median condo sales price was 36 percent higher than it was in December but slightly lower than prices in January 2022.
"The number of condo sales across the area in January was painfully low,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach. “Thankfully prices held strong.”
Low inventory levels are playing a role in keeping prices high right now, Wysocarski said.
Although the number of available units is still historically very low, inventory levels are rebounding, MLS reports show. The number of available condos across the Daytona Beach MLS was up by nearly 50 percent in January compared to January 2022, with 764 condo units made active at some point during the month. Buyers in January also had more than 100 additional units on the market to consider during the month, compared to the 661 units active in December, MLS reports show.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- January 2023: 64 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $314,000.
- January 2022: 140 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $320,000.
- December 2022: 65 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $230,000.
- December 2021: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $298,200.
- Total Volume Sold in January 2023: $23,214,348.
- Total Volume Sold in January 2022: $46,748,779.
- Year To Date 2023: 64 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $314,000.
- Year To Date 2022: 140 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $320,000.
“Just like residential condo sales, vacation condo sales were also down in January,” Wysocarski said.
January 2023 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 60 condos sold with a median price of $330,000.
- 4 condotels sold with a median price of $132,500.
January 2023 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1,450,000 condo sale at the Portofino Condominiums, Palm Coast on 1/13.
- A $1,000,000 condo sale at the River's Edge at Harbour Village Condominiums, Ponce Inlet on 1/10.
- A $979,999 condo sale at the Ocean Villas Condominiums, Daytona Beach Shores on 1/24.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 2/8/2023 for the following periods: 1/1/2023 to 1/31/2023, 1/1/22 to 1/31/22, 12/1/22 to 12/31/22, 12/1/21 to 12/31/21, 1/1/23 to 1/31/23, 1/1/22 to 1/31/22.
Wyse Home Team Realty
Post a Comment