Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales for August 2023
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Prices were up as condo sales remained down across the Daytona Beach area in August.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 121 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in August with a median sales price of $324,000. The sales total was marginally higher than July, but down nearly 19 percent from a year ago. And sales volume in August fell nearly 13 percent from last year, according to MLS reports.
Meanwhile, the median condo sales price was up in both annual and monthly comparisons, with prices rising 4.5 percent from July and up roughly 2 percent from August 2022.
Year to date, MLS report show condo sales are down more than 29 percent while the median condo sales price is 3 percent lower than the first 8 months of 2022.
"Sales are definitely down overall for the year, but current condo market conditions appear to be relatively stable,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach.
Condo inventory levels across the Daytona Beach MLS area rose nicely in August, MLS reports show. The number of available condo units in August was up 5 percent from July and 50 percent higher than last year, with 1,012 condos made active on the MLS at some point during the month.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- August 2023: 121 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $324,000.
- August 2022: 149 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $318,000.
- July 2023: 119 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $310,000.
- July 2022: 128 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $254,000.
- Total Volume Sold in August 2023: $49,601,602.
- Total Volume Sold in August 2022: $56,940,573.
- Year To Date 2023: 923 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $290,000.
- Year To Date 2022: 1309 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $300,000.
“Vacation condo sales picked up in August, and the median condotel sales prices remained steady,” Wysocarski said. “We’re finding that demand for investment property in Daytona is still strong, even as some of our buildings remained closed for updates and hurricane repairs.”
August 2023 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 104 condos sold with a median price of $357,500.
- 17 condotels sold with a median price of $150,000.
August 2023 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $2,400,000 condo sale at the Fountains of New Smryna Condominiums, New Smyrna Beach on 8/1.
- A $1,800,000 condo sale at the Tuscany at Hammock Dunes Condominiums, Palm Coast on 8/30.
- A $1,799,999 condo sale at the The Hammocks At Minorca Condominiums, New Smyrna Beach on 8/25.
- A $1,250,000 condo sale at the Towers Grande Condominiums, Daytona Beach Shores on 8/1.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 9/5/2023 for the following periods: 7/1/2023 to 7/31/2023, 7/1/22 to 7/31/22, 8/1/2023 to 8/31/2023, 8/1/22 to 8/31/22, 1/1/23 to 8/31/23, 1/1/22 to 8/31/22.