Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales For June 2023
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Both sales and sales prices of condos sold in the Daytona Beach area were down again in June.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 125 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in June with a median sales price of $309,000. That’s 13 percent lower than sales in May, and down nearly 19 percent from June 2022. Sales volume in June fell by 24 percent from last year, according to MLS reports.
Meanwhile, the median condo sales price was up from the previous month but still down notably from 2022. The median condo sales price rose nearly 23 percent from May, but was 2 percent below June of last year.
Year to date, reports show condo sales are down 37 percent compared to the first 5 months of 2022.
"A drop in condo sales is typical in June,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach. "It’s good to see the median sales price rebound from the mid-200s we saw during May.”
Inventory levels across the Daytona Beach MLS area remained up in June, with a small month-over-month decline, MLS reports show. The number of available units was up 70 percent year over year, with 951 condo units made active at some point during the month. But there were fewer units on the market to consider during June, compared to 962 units active in May.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- June 2023: 125 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $309,000.
- June 2022: 154 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $315,000.
- May 2023: 144 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $251,500.
- May 2022: 190 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $312,450.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2023: $42,857,830.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2022: $56,690,250.
- Year To Date 2023: 680 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $285,000.
- Year To Date 2022: 1032 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $303,500.
“Vacation condo sales held relatively steady in June, while the median sales price for residential condos was up a bit,” Wysocarski said.
June 2023 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 105 condos sold with a median price of $360,000.
- 20 condotels sold with a median price of $140,500.
June 2023 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1,100,000 condo sale at the Moontide Condominiums, New Smyrna Beach on 5/8.
- A $990,000 condo sale at the Chadham by the Sea Condominiums, New Smyrna Beach on 5/24.
- A $975,000 condo sale at the Mediterranean Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 5/15.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/6/2023 for the following periods: , 6/1/23 to 6/30/23, 6/1/22 to 6/30/22, 5/1/2023 to 5/31/2023, 5/1/22 to 5/31/22, 1/1/23 to 6/30/23, 1/1/22 to 6/30/22.