Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales In September 2022
Median condo sales prices softened slightly as condo sales fell across the Daytona Beach area in September.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 143 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in September with a median sales price of $289,000. Those numbers represent a month-over-month decline in both the number of condos sold and the median condo sales price in August. Sales are down 21% percent from sales in September 2021, but prices were 5 percent higher than last year. Sales volume in September was down just shy of $830,000 from last year.
"We expect the softening in our local real estate markets will continue in the months to come,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “We may also see some impacts of Hurricane Ian in real estate sales and prices in the coming weeks.”
The inventory of available condos decreased in September, resulting in 613 condo units made active at some point during the month. That’s down from 652 units active in August and it’s 18 percent higher than the 520 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during September 2021.
Year to date, condo sales are down 18% percent and the median condo sales price rose 17 percent over the first half of 2021.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- September 2022: 143 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $289,000.
- September 2021: 180 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $275,000.
- August 2022: 149 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $319,000.
- August 2021: 181 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $215,000.
- Total Volume Sold in September 2022: $51,822,217.
- Total Volume Sold in September 2021: $52,650,985.
- Year To Date 2022: 1452 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $299,949.
- Year To Date 2021: 1769 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $256,000.
“Vacation condo sales jumped again in September, just ahead of Daytona’s Biketoberfest event aligned with the annual arrival of our seasonal snow birds residents,” Wysocarski said.
September 2022 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 119 condos sold with a median price of $360,000.
- 24 condotels sold with a median price of $164,450.
September 2022 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include: