Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales In June 2022
Condo prices remained strong across the Daytona Beach area during June as overall sales fell.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 152 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in June with a median sales price of $319,950. It’s less than the number of condos sold in May and down 23% percent from June 2021. Sales volume in June was up by more than $1.1 million from last year. And MLS reports show the median condo sales price in June was 25 percent higher than the median price in 2021.
"The real estate market correction we’ve been anticipating has begun, with condo sales slowing 23 percent from last year’s totals,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “Despite the slowdown of sales, pent-up market demand continues to drive median condo sales prices higher.”
The inventory of available condos increased in June, resulting in 533 condo units made active at some point during the month. That’s up from 514 units active in May and it’s 17 percent higher than the 454 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during June 2021.
Year to date, condo sales are down 15% percent and the median condo sales price rose 16 percent over the first half of 2021.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- June 2022: 152 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $319,950.
- June 2021: 197 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $255,000.
- May 2022: 190 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $312,450.
- May 2021: 203 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $243,000.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2022: $56,221,550.
- Total Volume Sold in June 2021: $55,089,228.
- Year To Date 2022: 1028 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $301,250.
- Year To Date 2021: 1208 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $259,900.
“Both sales and median sales prices dropped in Daytona’s resort-style condotel buildings during June,” Wysocarski said. “Condotel sales were down 33 percent from May and the median sales price fell 13.5 percent.”
June 2022 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 124 condos sold with a median price of $372,250.
- 28 condotels sold with a median price of $134,000.
June 2022 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
The game of real-estate is always changing, with new players, new stadiums, and new prices. But one thing remains the same: Condos are always a hot commodity. Despite concerns about the economy, condo prices remained strong.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/8/2022 for the following periods: 5/1/2022 to 5/31/2022, 5/1/21 to 5/31/21, 6/1/22 to 6/30/22, 6/1/21 to 6/30/21, 1/1/21 to 6/30/21, 1/1/22 to 6/30/22.