Daytona Beach Area Condo Sales Rose In January
Condo sales around the greater Daytona Beach area are off to a strong start in 2020.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 107 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in January with a median sales price of $185,000. The sales total is 30 percent higher than the 82 condo sales recorded in January 2019. And the overall sales volume in January, was up 24.8 percent to more than $23.9 million.
The median condo sales price was also up in January, according to MLS reports. January’s median sales price of $185,000 is 3.9 percent higher than it was during the same month last year.
Both sales and the median sales price were lower than in December, a trend that’s typical for the area this time of year.
“It’s a strong start to the new year for the Daytona Beach condo market,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- January 2020: 107 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $185,000.
- January 2019: 82 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $178,000.
- December 2019: 136 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $220,000.
- December 2018: 124 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $228,450.
- Total Volume Sold in January 2020: $23,926,071.
- Total Volume Sold in January 2019: $19,167,600.
“The sale of condotel-style vacation condos was up notably in January,” Wysocarski said. “Those buyers closed just in time to enjoy the benefits of ownership during Daytona’s annual Speed Weeks and Bike Week events.”
January Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 89 condos sold with a median price of $225,000.
- 18 condotels sold with a median price of $62,500.
The January 2020 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 2/10/2020 for the following periods: 1/1/19 to 1/31/19, 1/1/20 to 1/31/20, 12/1/19 to 12/31/19, 12/1/18 to 12/31/18.