Daytona Beach Area Home Sales For July 2023
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Home sales across the Daytona Beach area dropped dramatically in July.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 363 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $374,995. That’s a more than 7 percent decrease in total home sales compared to July 2022, and it is 21.4 percent lower than home sales in June. Reports show sales volume during July was down more than 7 percent compared to last year, and 23 percent lower than home sales volume in June. Year to date, single family home sales reported in the Daytona Beach MLS are down more than 10 percent.
The median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area fell roughly 1.5 percent over last year to $374,995. That number is down marginally from the previous month, according to MLS reports. Year to date, MLS reports indicate the median sales price is nearly level that of the first seven months of 2022.
- July 2023: 363 sales, $164,480,606 sales volume, $374,995 median sales price.
- July 2022: 392 sales, $177,967,237 sales volume, $381,000 median sales price.
- June 2023: 462 sales, $213,758,181 sales volume, $377,200 median sales price.
- June 2022: 442 sales, $199,237,881 sales volume, $385,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 2,617 sales, $1,170,113,540 sales volume, $373,910 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 2,923 sales, $1,300,049,493 sales volume, $374,900 median sales price.
“July home sales were a little like a blast of cool air against the scorching summer heat,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL.
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach increased in July, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 187 more homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were more than 12 percent higher than the number of homes available in July last year.
- July 2023 Inventory: 1,645 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- July 2022 Inventory: 1,458 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- June 2023 Inventory: 1,636 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 4,923 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 4,519 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“Inventory of single family homes in our market remains up in both monthly and annual comparisons,” Wysocarski said. “With these changing market conditions, we are seeing more buyers successfully negotiating deals below list price and as well as the return of seller concessions.”
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales were down in all areas. Ormond Beach and Beachside held the top spot for highest median sales price during July, at $450,000.
- Ormond Beach: 77 sales, $450,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 53 sales, $295,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 37 sales, $450,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 66 sales, $389,999 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 53 sales, $382,000 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices, and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 8/16/23 for the following periods: 7/1/23 to 7/31/23, 7/1/22 to 7/31/22, 6/1/23 to 6/30/23, 6/1/22 to 6/30/22, 1/1/23 to 7/31/23, 1/1/22 to 7/31/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 8/16/23 for the period of 7/1/23 to 7/31/23 and 6/1/23 to 6/30/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.