Daytona Beach Area Home Sales for June 2023
Home sales across the Daytona Beach area remained steady in July.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 461 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $377,500. That’s a more than 4 percent increase in total home sales compared to June 2022, but it’s 3.5 percent lower than home sales in May. Reports show sales volume during July was up 7 percent compared to last year, and 2.6 percent higher than home sales volume in May. Year to date, single family home sales reported in the Daytona Beach MLS are down 11 percent.
The median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area rose roughly 2 percent over last year to $377,500. That number is down marginally from the previous month, according to MLS reports. Year to date, MLS reports indicate the median sales price is nearly level that of the first six months of 2022.
- June 2023: 461 sales, $213,418,181 sales volume, $377,500 median sales price.
- June 2022: 442 sales, $199,237,881 sales volume, $385,000 median sales price.
- May 2023: 478 sales, $207,999,515 sales volume, $378,000 median sales price.
- May 2022: 407 sales, $193,046,885 sales volume, $392,100 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 2,249 sales, $1,003,698,403 sales volume, $373,290 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 2,531 sales, $1,122,082,256 sales volume, $372,500 median sales price.
“The Daytona Beach housing market has definitely cooled a bit this year, an intended consequence of the Fed’s activities to slow inflation,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL.
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach increased in June, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 43 more homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were more than 22 percent higher than the number of homes available in June last year.
- June 2023 Inventory: 1,631 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- June 2022 Inventory: 1,328 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- May 2023 Inventory: 1,588 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 4,363 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 3,889 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“Inventory of single family homes in our market is up in both monthly and annual comparisons,” Wysocarski said. “It’s good news for buyers that means more homes to choose from and a little more negotiating power.”
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales were down in all areas except Mainland Daytona, where sales remained the same. New Smyrna Beach held the top spot for highest median sales price during June, at $490,000.
- Ormond Beach: 104 sales, $456,500 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 79 sales, $285,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 43 sales, $438,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 71 sales, $375,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 57 sales, $490,000 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/18/23 for the following periods: 6/1/23 to 6/30/23, 6/1/22 to 6/30/22, 5/1/23 to 5/31/23, 5/1/22 to 5/31/22, 1/1/23 to 6/30/23, 1/1/22 to 6/30/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 7/18/23 for the period of 6/1/23 to 6/30/23 and 5/1/23 to 5/31/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.