Daytona Beach Condo Sales - April 2021
It remained unclear when the number of available condos in the Daytona Beach area might hit bottom as inventory levels dropped to another record low in April.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 245 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in April with a median sales price of $275,250. It’s a stunning 178 percent higher than condo sales in April 2020, when the state of Florida shut down all but the state’s most essential services to slow the spread of COVID-19. Sales volume in April was up by more than $50 million from last year. And MLS reports show the median condo sales price soared 65 percent higher than the median price in April 2020.
Meanwhile, the inventory of available condos crashed to a new low with only 508 condo units active at some point during the month of April. That’s down 7 percent from 549 units active in March and it’s 49 percent lower than the 1,006 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during April 2020.
Year to date, condo sales are up 78 percent and the median condo sales price rose nearly 30 percent over the first four months of 2020.
“Condo buyers are finding it increasingly challenging to navigate market as inventory levels continue to plummet,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “Overall though, condo sales totals remain strong and buyers are finding ways to close deals in these highly competitive conditions.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- April 2021: 245 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $275,250.
- April 2020: 88 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $166,500.
- March 2021: 236 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $250,000.
- March 2020: 114 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $246,500.
- Total Volume Sold in April 2021: $77,136,197.
- Total Volume Sold in April 2020: $18,561,420.
- Total Volume Sold in March 2021: $66,664,383.
- Year To Date 2021: 801 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $266,000.
- Year To Date 2020: 450 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $205,000.
“Vacation condo sales continued to be in strong demand among buyers, driving up the median sales price of condotel units another 15 percent,” Wysocarski said.
April 2021 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 200 condos sold with a median price of $314,500.
- 45 condotels sold with a median price of $98,000.
April 2021 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 5/11/2021 for the following periods: 3/1/2021 to 3/31/2021, 3/1/20 to 3/31/20, 4/1/21 to 4/30/21, 4/1/20 to 4/30/20, 1/1/20 to 4/30/20, 1/1/21 to 4/30/21.