Daytona Beach Condo Sales Continued To Climb In August
Condo sales continued to soar around the Daytona Beach area in August.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 198 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in August with a median sales price of $249,500. That’s 32 percent higher than last year’s sales condo sales. And it’s up 4 percent from July. Sales volume also was up in both monthly and annual comparisons.
At $249,500, the median condo sales price was 15 percent higher than the same month last year and it was 3 percent higher than in July. This, as inventory of available condos remained extremely limited. MLS reports indicate the number of available condo units in August was down 17 percent from August 2019.
Thankfully, the strong condo sales in August finally closed the gap caused by COVID closures in year-to-date totals, according to MLS data. By month’s end, sales for the first eight months of 2020 had surpassed the number of sales completed during the same period of 2019 and the median sales price was up 10 percent.
“Sales continued at a frenzied pace while low inventory levels continued drive up prices,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- August 2020: 198 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $249,500.
- August 2019: 150 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $216,300.
- July 2020: 190 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $241,250.
- July 2019: 119 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $199,000.
- June 2020: 169 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $225,000.
- Total Volume Sold in August 2020: $52,001,615.
- Total Volume Sold in August 2019: $39,249,653.
- Total Volume Sold in July 2020: $50,301,548.
- Year To Date 2020: 1088 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $224,900.
- Year To Date 2019: 1047 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $203,000.
“Demand for vacation condos in the area was even stronger in August than it was in July, and we also saw a nice boost in the median sales price of local condotels,” Wysocarski said.
August Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 172 condos sold with a median price of $282,500.
- 26 condotels sold with a median price of $91,500.
The August 2020 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 9/4/2020 for the following periods: 8/1/20 to 8/31/20, 8/1/19 to 8/31/19, 7/1/20 to 7/31/20, 7/1/19 to 7/31/19, 6/1/19 to 6/30/19, 6/1/20 to 6/30/20, 1/1/20 to 8/31/20, 1/1/19 to 8/31/19.