Daytona Beach Condo Sales - February 2021
Another month of strong upward movement in the Daytona Beach condo market brought soaring sales and median condo sales prices.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 179 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in February with a median sales price of $275,000. That’s a nearly 30 percent increase in condo sales over the both the previous month and last year. Sales volume was up 51 percent during February, compared to the same month last year.
The median condo sales price also was up markedly in annual comparisons, by more than 35 percent. And the median sales price rose by 6 percent from January. This, as inventory of available condos dropped further from the already rock bottom levels in January. In February, there were 629 condo units active at some point during the month. That’s down 6.5 percent from 673 units active in January and it’s roughly 36 percent lower than the 982 available condo units in the Daytona Beach MLS during February 2020.
“The beach dream is alive and well in Daytona Beach, and these numbers are proof,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “We’re looking forward to a busy year for the Daytona Beach condo market.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- February 2021: 179 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $275,000.
- February 2020: 138 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $202,500.
- January 2021: 138 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $258,500.
- January 2020: 110 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $197,725.
- Total Volume Sold in February 2021: $52,414,253.
- Total Volume Sold in February 2020: $34,696,800.
- Total Volume Sold in January 2021: $40,258,974.
- Year To Date 2021: 317 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $270,000.
- Year To Date 2020: 248 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $202,500.
“Vacation condo sales have been strong,” Wysocarski said. “In fact, last month’s condotel sales were up another 20 percent from January.”
February Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 155 condos sold with a median price of $291,500.
- 24 condotels sold with a median price of $90,000.
The February 2020 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $1,627,000 condo sale at Le Jardin at Hammock Dunes, Palm Coast on 2/25.
- A $1,199,000 condo sale at Cambria at Hammock Dunes, Palm Coast on 2/25.
- A $815,000 condo sale at Seacrest Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 2/1.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 3/10/2021 for the following periods: 2/1/20 to 2/28/20, 2/1/19 to 2/28/19, 1/1/21 to 1/31/21, 1/1/20 to 1/31/20, 1/1/21 to 2/28/21, 1/1/20 to 2/28/20
Post a Comment