Daytona Beach Condo Sales - October 2021
Condo sales tumbled in October as prices held steady across the Daytona Beach area.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 149 condo units were sold around the Daytona Beach area in October with a median sale price of $294,000. The October number is down 27 percent from October 2020 and 16 percent lower than September. Meanwhile, the median sale price is up nearly 14 percent over last year and rose nearly 7 percent from September. Sales volume in October was down by roughly $7.4 million from last year’s condo sales, MLS reports show.
Condo sales were notably lower in October than they were this time last year when the market was still in flux and trying to recover from shutdowns that occurred earlier in the year,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange.
The inventory of available condo units remained low with only 503 units made active in the MLS during October 2021, compared to 771 available condo units in October 2020. The available inventory for the first ten months of 2021 was 2,576 condo units made active in the Daytona MLS during that time, 9 percent lower than the 2,819 units available during the same period of 2020.
Year to date, condo sales are up by more than 26.5 percent and the median condo sales price rose 13 percent over the first ten months of 2020.
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- Oct. 2021: 149 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $294,000.
- Oct. 2020: 206 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $258,450.
- Oct. 2019: 125 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $240,000.
- Sept. 2021: 178 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $275,000.
- Sept. 2020: 205 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $227,850.
- Total Volume Sold in Oct. 2021: $48,002,951.
- Total Volume Sold in Oct. 2020: $55,405,150.
- Total Volume Sold in Sept. 2021: $52,281,085.
- Year To Date 2021: 1912 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $259,950
- Year To Date 2020: 1507 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $230,000.
“Daytona’s resort-style condotel units continue to be a popular option among condo buyers who are seeking affordable vacation investments,” Wysocarski said.
October 2021 Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 120 condos sold with a median price of $332,500 in October.
- 29 condotels sold with a median price of $120,000. in October.
October 2021 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 11/1//2021 for the following periods: 10/1 to 10/31/2021, 10/1to10/31/2020, 9/1 to 9/30/21, 9/1 to 9/30/20, 110/1/2019-10/31/2019, 1/1-10/31//21,1/1-10/31//20.