Daytona Beach Condo Sales Spiked In October
After 4 months of falling sales, the Daytona area condo market perked up in October as the median sales price fell.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed there were 146 condo units sold around the Daytona Beach area in October with a median sales price of $204,500. Those sales are 11 percent higher than condo sales were a year ago and 19 percent higher than the previous month. Sales volume was also up in both monthly and annual comparisons. With the sales game came a drop in the median sales price, according to MLS reports. At $204,500, the median condo sales price in October was down slightly from last year, and a noticeable 11 percent lower than in September.
Year to date, both condo sales and the median condo sales price are down about one percent from the first 10 months of 2018.
“It’s good to see a slight spike in sales in October when the area welcomes back Biketoberfest visitors and seasonal snowbirds from cold winter states,” said Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange. “And though the median sales price fell last month, we saw strong sales of luxury condos priced over $500,000.”
Daytona Beach MLS data for Condo and Condotel Sales combined:
- October 2019: 146 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $204,500.
- October 2018: 131 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $207,000.
- September 2019: 122 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $234,750.
- September 2018: 130 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $233,000.
- Year To Date 2019: 1311 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $205,900.
- Year To Date 2018: 1333 condo/condotels sold with a median sales price of $208,000.
- Total Volume Sold in October 2019: $35,125,178.
- Total Volume Sold in October 2018: $29,228,212.
Wyse Home Team Realty also looks at sales data for Vacation condotels and more traditional residential condominiums separately.
“Both vacation condotel sales and traditional condo sales spiked nicely during October,” said Wysocarski.
October Daytona Beach MLS data for Condos and Condotels separated:
- 125 condos sold with a median price of $240,000.
- 21 condotels sold with a median price of $69,000.
The October 2019 highlights of luxury condo sales in the Daytona Beach area include:
- A $937,000 condo sale at Aliki Tower Condos, Daytona Beach on 10/15.
- A $855,000 condo sale at Kingston Tower Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 10/25.
- A $722,450 condo sale at Mediterranean Condos, New Smyrna Beach on 10/14.
- A $700,000 condo sale at Palma Bella Condos, Daytona Beach Shores on 10/18.
Ron Wysocarski is the Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. For more information regarding Ron Wysocarski, contact him at 386-562-2651, or visit RonSellsBeachCondos.com. Additional information is available to the media upon request. Statistical information in this release is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 11/6/19 for the following periods: 9/1/19 to 9/30/19, 9/1/18 to 9/30/18, 10/1/18 to 10/31/18, 10/1/19 to 10/31/19, 1/1/19 to 10/31/19, 1/1/18 to 10/31/18.