Daytona Beach Home Sales In October 2023
Daytona Beach Area Home Sales Tumble
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Daytona Beach home sales fell sharply in October.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 301 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $386,990. That’s a roughly 17.5 percent decrease in total home sales compared to October 2022, and it’s 25 percent below the previous month. Reports show sales volume during October was down nearly 9 percent compared to last year. Year to date, single family home sales reported in the Daytona Beach MLS are down almost 7 percent.
October also brought a small uptick in the median home sales price to $386,99, a 1.2 percent increase over October 2022. The median price was up 1.8 percent from September, according to MLS reports. Year to date, MLS reports indicate the median sales price is level that of the first ten months of 2022.
- October 2023: 301 sales, $149,483,756 sales volume, $386,990 median sales price.
- October 2022: 365 sales, $163,977,755 sales volume, $382,500 median sales price.
- September 2023: 403 sales, $203,479,017 sales volume, $380,000 median sales price.
- September 2022: 311 sales, $137,349,373 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 3,737 sales, $1,716,028,470 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 4,013 sales, $1,798,557,836 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
“Home sales are definitely fluctuating a bit right now in the Daytona Beach area,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. “The good news is that prices are stable.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach decreased significantly in October, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 102 less homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were roughly 17.5 percent lower than the number of homes available in October last year.
- October 2023 Inventory: 1,865 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- October 2022 Inventory: 1,496 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- September 2023 Inventory: 1,756 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 6,683 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 6,021single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“There was a nice little uptick in new listings during October,” Wysocarski said. “But we are still seeing inventory levels well below last year.”
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales in Ormond Beach secured the most total home sales while Beachside held the top spot for highest median sales price during October, at $515,000.
- Ormond Beach: 65 sales, $424,500 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 44 sales, $302,500 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 35 sales, $515,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 43 sales, $410,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 40 sales, $422,500 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices, and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 11/14/23 for the following periods: 9/1/23 to 9/30/23, 9/1/22 to 9/30/22, 10/1/23 to 10/31/23, 10/1/22 to 10/31/22, 1/1/23 to 10/31/23, 1/1/22 to 10/31/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 11/14/23 for the period of 10/1/23 to 10/31/23 and 9/1/23 to 9/30/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.