Daytona Beach Home Sales In September 2023
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Daytona Beach home sales in September were up notably compared to the same month last year, when one of the strongest and costliest hurricanes in U.S. history ripped through the state.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 401 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $380,000. That’s an almost 29 percent increase in total home sales compared to September 2022, when Hurricane Ian hit Florida. Reports show sales volume during September was up 41 percent compared to last year. Year to date, however, single family home sales reported in the Daytona Beach MLS are down almost 6 percent.
The median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area rose 2.7 percent over last year to $380,000. However, the median price was down roughly 2.5 percent from the previous month, according to MLS reports. Year to date, MLS reports indicate the median sales price is level that of the first nine months of 2022.
- September 2023: 401 sales, $193,736,994 sales volume, $380,000 median sales price.
- September 2022: 311 sales, $137,349,373 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- August 2023: 409 sales, $189,801,257 sales volume, $390,000 median sales price.
- August 2022: 414 sales, $197,181,215 sales volume, $397,750 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 3,432 sales, $1,555,543,691 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 3,648 sales, $1,634,580,081 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
“We still have many homes and condo buildings in various states of recovery after last year’s hurricane season,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. “We are all hoping these last weeks of hurricane season remain quiet so our housing market can continue its recovery.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach decreased slightly in September, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 7 less homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were 15.8 percent higher than the number of homes available in September last year.
- September 2023 Inventory: 1,749 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- September 2022 Inventory: 1,510 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- August 2023 Inventory: 1,742 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 6,097 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 5,593 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“Inventory levels continue to be part of the story affecting our housing market as economic conditions continue to change,” Wysocarski said. “Right now, limited supply is holding Daytona Beach area home prices steady amid shifting economic policies.”
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales Ormond Beach secured the most total home sales while New Smyrna Beach held the top spot for highest median sales price during September, at $562,500.
- Ormond Beach: 88 sales, $467,500 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 67 sales, $263,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 44 sales, $447,500 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 53 sales, $390,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 58 sales, $562,500 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices, and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 10/17/23 for the following periods: 8/1/23 to 8/31/23, 8/1/22 to 8/31/22, 9/1/23 to 9/30/23, 9/1/22 to 9/30/22, 1/1/23 to 9/30/23, 1/1/22 to 9/30/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 10/17/23 for the period of 9/1/23 to 9/30/23 and 8/1/23 to 8/31/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.