Daytona Beach Home Sales - July 2021
Median sales prices rose again as Daytona Beach home sales dipped for the first time in months.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 510 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area during July with a median home sales price of $326,250. The sales are 8 percent lower than the number of homes sold in June. It’s 16 percent lower than the number of home sales in July 2020, and 3 percent lower than in July 2019. Sales volume was down slightly from June but was 4.5 percent higher than July 2020, when home values were lower.
The median sale price rose 21 percent from July 2020 and was almost 2 percent higher than in June. Year to date, home sales are up nearly 12 percent and the median home sales price is 19.5 percent higher than the same 7 month period in 2020.
- July 2021: 510 sales, $206,191,910 sales volume, $326,250 median sales price.
- July 2020: 609 sales $196,941,537 sales volume, $269,900 median sales price.
- July 2019: 527 sales $157,707,463 sales volume, $242,900 median sales price.
- June 2021: 555 sales, $213,331,475 sales volume, $320,000 median sales price.
- June 2020: 534 sales $163,469,879 sales volume, $260,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2021: 3384 sales, $1,270,944,983 sales volume, $305,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2020: 3026 sales $916,085,343 sales volume, $255,000 median sales price.
“This is the first dip in home sales we’ve seen for months,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “Home sales last summer may not be a good basis of comparison because the market was trying to catch up after big pandemic related closures. But last month’s home sales also fell slightly below July 2019 when market conditions were stable. So it’s something we’re watching.”
The number of homes listed on the MLS rose 3 percent in July over June, but remained 32 percent lower than the number of homes listed during July 2020. Year to date, listings are down 15.5 percent over the same 7-month period in 2020.
- July 2021 Inventory: 1248 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- July 2020 Inventory: 1836 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- June 2021 Inventory: 1207 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2021 Inventory: 4782 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2020 Inventory: 5676 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers shop. The reports show sales were down slightly in Port Orange and up in Ormond Beach. The median sales price on the beachside was up. And New Smyrna Beach was home to the highest the median sales price at $444,838.
- Ormond Beach: 135 sales, $395,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 87 sales, $252,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 76 sales, $394,500 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 92 sales, $332,500 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 58 sales, $444,838 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the Daytona Beach MLS area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 8/19/21 for the following periods: 6/1/21 to 6/30/21, 6/1/20 to 6/30/21, 7/1/20 to 7/31/20, 7/1/21 to 7/31/21, 1/1/20 to 7/31/20, 1/1/21 to 7/31/21. New Smyrna Beach sales figures were obtained from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 8/19/21 for the period of 7/1/21 to 7/31/21. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.