Daytona Beach Home Sales - June 2021
Daytona Beach area home sales remained sky high in April.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 552 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $320,000. That’s a 3 percent increase in total home sales over June 2020 and 14 percent higher than home sales in May. Total sales volume was up by nearly 30 percent compared to June 2020 and it’s 10 percent higher than home sales volume in May.
According to MLS reports, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area held strong at the $320,000 it was during May. It’s 23 percent higher than the median home sales price was during the same month last year.
- June 2021: 552 sales, $212,481,575 sales volume, $320,000 median sales price.
- June 2020: 534 sales $163,469,879 sales volume, $260,000 median sales price.
- May 2021: 484 sales, $192,599,385 sales volume, $320,000 median sales price.
- May 2020: 352 sales $96,981,210 sales volume, $241,445 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2021: 2869 sales, $1,063,576,673 sales volume, $300,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2020: 2417 sales $719,143,806 sales volume, $250,000 median sales price.
“We saw a slight increase in the number of listings on the market during June, which gave area home buyers a few more options to consider,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “But overall, demand for homes remains high and inventory is still extremely limited so sellers continue the have the upper hand at the negotiation table.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in the Daytona Beach creeped up slightly in June with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 50 more homes on the market than were available in May. There were 40 percent fewer homes available this year than were available in June last year. Year to date, the number of detached single family homes listed on the MLS is down 22.5 percent.
- June 2021 Inventory: 1202 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- June 2020 Inventory: 2009 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- May 2021 Inventory: 1151 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2021 Inventory: 4155 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2020 Inventory: 5090 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers shop. The reports show sales were down slightly in Ormond Beach, but the median sales price rose to more than $400,000. Meanwhile, Port Orange home sales jumped notably in June. And New Smyrna Beach was home to the highest the median sales price at $430,000.
- Ormond Beach: 125 sales, $401,906 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 81 sales, $230,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 69 sales, $342,500 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 112 sales, $339,450 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 69 sales, $430,000 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 7/19/21 for the following periods: 6/1/21 to 6/30/21, 6/1/20 to 6/30/21, 5/1/20 to 5/31/20, 5/1/21 to 5/31/21, 1/1/20 to 6/30/20, 1/1/21 to 6/30/21. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 7/19/21 for the period of 6/1/21 to 6/30/21. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.