Daytona Beach Home Sales January to March 2022
Desperately low levels pushed down home sales for the first three months of 2022, driving median sales price up by more than 22 percent.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 1,231 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area during the first quarter of 2022, with a median home sales price of $355,000. That’s 5.5 percent lower than the number of homes sold in during the first three months of 2021. The median sales price for that period was 22 percent higher, year over year. Sales volume was 14 percent higher than the first quarter of 2021, when home values were lower.
The median sales price of single-family homes has climbed consistently each month since the year began, according to MLS data, as was total sales volume.
- January Home Sales 2022: 340 sales, $135,825,670 sales volume, $345,000 median sales price.
- January Home Sales 2021: 372 sales, $126,427,693 sales volume, $282,194 median sales price.
- February Home Sales 2022: 391 sales, $162,177,748sales volume, $350,000 median sales price.
- February Home Sales 2021: 410 sales, $141,524,256 sales volume, $275,000 median sales price.
- March Home Sales 2022: 500 sales, $228,151,305 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- March Home Sales 2021: 521 sales, $141,524,256 sales volume, $275,000 median sales price.
- 1st Quarter Home Sales 2022: 1,231 sales, $526,154,723 sales volume, $355,000 median sales price.
- 1st Quarter Home Sales 2021: 1,303 sales $461,368,347 sales volume, $310,000 median sales price.
“The inventory shortage of recent months and years has persisted for far longer than anyone anticipated,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “As we begin to move into the spring and summer seasons when families are more likely to plan their next move, we expect to see these low inventory levels produce more frustration among home buyers.”
The number of homes listed on the MLS during the first quarter fell 13 percent year over year, MLS reports show.
- 1st Quarter Inventory 2022: 2,016 single-family home listings were active at some point during the quarter.
- 1st Quarter Inventory 2021: 2,332 single-family home listings were active at some point during the quarter.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers shop. The reports show sales were strongest in the Ormond Beach area. New Smyrna Beach and Daytona’s beachside area were home to the highest median sales prices.
- Ormond Beach (MLS Areas 41-48): 212 sales, $372,250 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (MLS Areas 25-35): 199 sales, $260,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (MLS Areas 11-18): 175 sales, $385,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange (MLS Areas 21-24: 186 sales, $373,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 192 sales, $442,500 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the Daytona Beach MLS area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 4/7/22 for the following periods: 1/1/21 to 3/31/21, 1/1/22 to 3/31/22, 1/1/22 to 1/31/22, 2/1/22 to 2/28/22, 3/1/22 to 3/31/22 New Smyrna Beach sales figures were obtained from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 4/7/22 for the period of 1/1/22 to 3/31/22. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.