Daytona Beach Home Sales - May 2021
Daytona Beach area home sales remained sky high in April.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 484 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $320,000. That’s a 37 percent increase in total home sales over May 2020 when only the state’s most essential services were operating. The sales were down by more than 8 percent compared to home sales in April. Total sales volume was up by 98 percent compared to May 2020 and 2 percent lower than home sales volume in April.
The median home sales rose notably in monthly and annual comparisons. According to MLS reports, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area was $320,000 in May. That’s 8 percent higher than in April and 32 percent higher than the median home sales price in May 2020.
- May 2021: 484 sales, $192,599,385 sales volume, $320,000 median sales price.
- May 2020: 352 sales $96,981,210 sales volume, $241,445 median sales price.
- April 2021: 531 sales, $197,295,366 sales volume, $295,000 median sales price.
- April 2020: 362 sales $116,806,236 sales volume, $250,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2021: 2317 sales, $851,095,098 sales volume, $297,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2020: 1882 sales $555,491,427 sales volume, $249,900 median sales price.
“The small dip in home sales is a normal seasonal trend we see when snowbirds head north for the summer,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL. “Overall, the market conditions are strong and it continues to be a seller’s market.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in the Daytona Beach area fell slightly in May with the MLS reporting that there were a handful fewer homes on the market than were available in April. There were 46 percent fewer homes available this year than were available in May last year.
- May 2021 Inventory: 1151 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- May 2020 Inventory: 2142 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- April 2021 Inventory: 1157 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2021 Inventory: 3523 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2020 Inventory: 4526 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers shop. The reports show more home buyers closed deals during May in Ormond Beach, where both sales and the median sale price rose. New Smyrna Beach was home to the highest the median sales price at $452,500.
- Ormond Beach: 138 sales, $385,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 63 sales, $223,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 73 sales, $375,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 76 sales, $340,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 84 sales, $452,500 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 6/23/21 for the following periods: 4/1/21 to 4/30/21, 4/1/20 to 4/30/21, 5/1/20 to 5/31/20, 5/1/21 to 5/31/21, 1/1/20 to 5/31/20, 1/1/21 to 5/31/21. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 6/23/21 for the period of 5/1/21 to 5/31/21. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.
Post a Comment