Daytona Beach Home Sales Report For August 2023
Daytona Area Home Sales And Prices Steady in August
(Daytona Beach, FL) – Home sales and prices remained steady across the Daytona Beach area in August.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 405 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $390,000. That’s a 2 percent decrease in total home sales compared to August 2022. Reports show sales volume during August was just over 4 percent compared to last year. Year to date, however, single family home sales reported in the Daytona Beach MLS are down 9.3 percent.
The median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area fell roughly 2 percent over last year to $390,000. However, the median price was up 4 percent from the previous month, according to MLS reports. Year to date, MLS reports indicate the median sales price is level that of the first eight months of 2022.
- August 2023: 405 sales, $188,954,257 sales volume, $390,000 median sales price.
- August 2022: 414 sales, $197,181,215 sales volume, $397,750 median sales price.
- July 2023: 363 sales, $164,480,606 sales volume, $374,995 median sales price.
- July 2022: 392 sales, $177,967,237 sales volume, $381,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 3,026 sales, $1,360,359,697 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 3,337 sales, $1,497,230,708 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
“The real estate market in Daytona Beach is pretty stable right now,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL.
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach increased again in August, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 175 more homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were 11 percent higher than the number of homes available in August last year.
- August 2023 Inventory: 1,738 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- August 2022 Inventory: 1,563 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- July 2023 Inventory: 1,645 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 5,520 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 5,114 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“Inventory levels are continuing with slow and steady improvements,” Wysocarski said. “That’s creating some balance for both buyers and sellers at the negotiation table after years of strong seller’s market conditions.”
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales Ormond Beach secured the most total home sales while Beachside held the top spot for highest median sales price during August, at $450,000.
- Ormond Beach: 82 sales, $446,450 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 66 sales, $310,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 43 sales, $450,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 76 sales, $402,450 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 53 sales, $440,000 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices, and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 9/20/23 for the following periods: 7/1/23 to 7/31/23, 7/1/22 to 7/31/22, 8/1/23 to 8/31/23, 8/1/22 to 8/31/22, 1/1/23 to 8/31/23, 1/1/22 to 8/31/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 9/20/23 for the period of 8/1/23 to 8/31/23 and 7/1/23 to 7/31/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.