Daytona Beach Area Single Family Home Sales For January 2023
Daytona Beach area home sales plummeted in January to low levels not seen since the last major recession. The last time Daytona Beach home sales started the year below 215 homes sold was 2012.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 214 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $349,900. That’s a more than 37 percent decrease in total home sales from January 2022, and it’s nearly 31 percent lower than home sales just one month prior. Total sales volume was down nearly 37 percent compared to January 2022 and was more than 39 percent lower than home sales volume in December.
According to MLS reports, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area decreased to $349,900 during January. It’s nearly 1.5 percent higher than the median home sales price was in January 2022 and 3 percent lower than the previous month.
- January 2023: 214 sales, $87,487,070 sales volume, $349,900 median sales price.
- January 2022: 342 sales $137,663,670 sales volume, $345,000 median sales price.
- December 2022: 310 sales, $134,837,534 sales volume, $361,000 median sales price.
- December 2021: 532 sales $223,152,314 sales volume, $346,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 214 sales, $87,487,070 sales volume, $349,900 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 342 sales $137,663,670 sales volume, $345,000 median sales price.
“Despite the deep dive in home sales, we know this is not a market crash and the situation today is very different than it was in 2012,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. “Among the differences, today’s home prices remain high and financing is still very accessible, albeit at higher interest rates.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in the Daytona Beach increased in January with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 134 more homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were nearly 49 percent higher than the number of homes available in January last year.
- January 2023 Inventory: 1515 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- January 2022 Inventory: 1018 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- December 2022 Inventory: 1381 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 1515 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 1018 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“The gains in inventory levels come as a welcome relief to many buyers who have been struggling to find the right home,” Wysocarski said.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales were down in all areas, while prices rose. Port Orange home sales decreased more notably in January than other areas analyzed. Daytona’s beachside areas held the top spot for highest median sales price during January, at $525,000.
- Ormond Beach: 47 sales, $450,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 31 sales, $247,500 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 23 sales, $525,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 34 sales, $367,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 34 sales, $375,645 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 2/17/23 for the following periods: 1/1/23 to 1/31/23, 1/1/22 to 1/31/22, 12/1/22 to 12/31/22, 12/1/21 to 12/31/21, 1/1/23 to 1/31/23, 1/1/22 to 1/31/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 2/17/22 for the period of 1/1/23 to 1/31/23 and 12/1/22 to 12/31/22. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.
Wyse Home Team Realty
Post a Comment