Daytona Beach Area Single Family Home Sales For March 2023
Home sales began to heat up across the Daytona Beach area during March, along with the median home sales price.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 428 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $379,945. That’s a more than 28 percent decrease in total home sales compared to March 2022, but it’s 52 percent higher than home sales in February. Similarly, total sales volume was down 15 percent year over year, and up 58 percent compared to home sales volume in February.
Meanwhile, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area was up in both annual and monthly comparisons, according to MLS reports. At $379,945, the median home sales prices across the area during March was 3 percent higher than last year and 5 percent higher than the previous month.
- March 2023: 428 sales, $196,460,542 sales volume, $379,945 median sales price.
- March 2022: 510 sales $232,581,705 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- February 2023: 281 sales, $124,328,509 sales volume, $362,500 median sales price.
- February 2022: 393 sales $163,026,748 sales volume, $350,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2023: 923 sales, $408,296,221 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 1245 sales $533,272,123 sales volume, $355,000 median sales price.
“The spring home sales season has begun,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. ”Although total sales are slower than they were in recent years due to the Fed’s measures to control inflation, our local market conditions remain strong. People continue to want to live, work, and play here.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach also increased in March, with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 631 more homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were more than 66 percent higher than the number of homes available in March last year.
- March 2023 Inventory: 1,579 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- March 2022 Inventory: 948 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- February 2023 Inventory: 1,548 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2023 Inventory: 2,595 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 2,022 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
“We’re watching the rise in inventory levels closely, but there is still some pent up demand in the market and well-priced homes are still selling fast,” Wysocarski said.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales were up in all areas, with New Smyrna Beach garnering the largest month-over-month gains in total sales, compared to other areas analyzed. Ormond Beach held the top spot for highest median sales price during March, at $441,000.
- Ormond Beach: 109 sales, $441,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 59 sales, $275,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 54 sales, $431,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 66 sales, $438,500 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 76 sales, $432,500 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 4/13/23 for the following periods: 3/1/23 to 3/31/23, 3/1/22 to 3/31/22, 2/1/23 to 2/28/23, 2/1/22 to 2/28/22, 1/1/23 to 3/31/23, 1/1/22 to 3/31/22. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 4/13/23 for the period of 3/1/23 to 3/31/23 and 2/1/23 to 2/28/23. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.
Wyse Home Team Realty
Post a Comment