Daytona Beach Area Single Family Home Sales For November 2022
Home sales in November fell further than the usual seasonal decline for the Daytona Beach area.
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 255 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $365,000. That’s a nearly 44 percent decrease in total home sales from November 2021, and it’s 30 percent lower than home sales just one month prior. Total sales volume was down nearly 35 percent compared to November 2021 and was 30 percent lower than home sales volume in October.
According to MLS reports, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area decreased to $365,000 during November. It’s nearly 14 percent higher than the median home sales price was in November 2021 and 4 percent lower than the previous month.
- November 2022: 255 sales, $115,304,633 sales volume, $365,000 median sales price.
- November 2021: 452 sales $176,661,424 sales volume, $320,500 median sales price.
- October 2022: 366 sales, $164,264,005 sales volume, $381,250 median sales price.
- October 2021: 465 sales $190,593,322 sales volume, $335,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 4266 sales, $1,912,247,130 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2021: 5294 sales $2,027,514,109 sales volume, $314,900 median sales price.
“We often see a slight seasonal decline in sales and prices around this time of year,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. “The drop in median sales price across the area from October to November was fairly normal, but the drop in overall sales was more dramatic than usual.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in Daytona Beach decreased slightly in November with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 69 less homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, MLS reports show inventory levels were nearly 25 percent higher than the number of homes available in November last year. Though the gap is closing, the number of detached single-family homes listed on the MLS year-to-date is still down nearly 7 percent from the same period in 2021.
- November 2022 Inventory: 1423 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- November 2021 Inventory: 1141 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- October 2022 Inventory: 1492 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 6419 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2021 Inventory: 6885 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales were down in all areas, while prices held strong. Port Orange home sales decreased more notably in November than other areas analyzed. Daytona’s beachside areas held the top spot for highest median sales price during November, at $482,000.
- Ormond Beach: 55 sales, $460,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 43 sales, $295,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 27 sales, $482,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 41 sales, $389,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 33 sales, $450,000 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 12/16/22 for the following periods: 11/1/22 to 11/30/22, 11/1/21 to 11/30/21, 10/1/22 to 10/31/22, 10/1/21 to 10/31/21, 1/1/22 to 11/30/22, 1/1/21 to 11/30/21. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 12/16/22 for the period of 11/1/22 to 11/30/22 and 10/1/22 to 10/31/22. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.
Wyse Home Team Realty
Post a Comment