Daytona Beach Area Single Family Home Sales In October 2022
Home sales and median sales prices were higher in October compared to September, but down notably from last year
An analysis of Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data by Wyse Home Team Realty showed that 365 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the Daytona Beach area with median home sales price of $382,500. That’s a 21 percent decrease in total home sales from October 2021, but it’s 18 percent higher than home sales just one month prior. Total sales volume was down nearly 14 percent compared to October 2021 and was nearly 20 percent higher than home sales volume in September.
According to MLS reports, the median home sales price in the Daytona Beach area increased to $382,500 during October. It’s nearly 14 percent higher than the median home sales price was in October 2021 and 3 percent above the previous month.
- October 2022: 365 sales, $163,971,001 sales volume, $382,500 median sales price.
- October 2021: 465 sales $190,593,322 sales volume, $335,000 median sales price.
- September 2022: 309 sales, $136,939,274 sales volume, $370,000 median sales price.
- September 2021: 501 sales $196,804,200 sales volume, $325,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2022: 4007 sales, $1,795,694,493 sales volume, $375,000 median sales price.
- Year-To-Date 2021: 4482 sales $1,850,852,685 sales volume, $313,737 median sales price.
“We saw in increase in closings during October, a month when sales would typically be down month-over-month,” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Daytona Beach, FL. “I believe that’s a result of Hurricane Ian’s late September arrival. The storm likely delayed some late September sales, pushing those closings into October.”
The inventory levels of available homes listed for sale in the Daytona Beach decreased slightly in October with the MLS reporting that there were roughly 22 less homes on the market than the month prior. Overall, inventory levels remained nearly 22 percent lower than the number of homes available in October last year. Though the gap is closing, the number of detached single-family homes listed on the MLS year-to-date is still down 6 percent from the same period in 2021.
- October 2022 Inventory: 1482 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- October 2021 Inventory: 1216 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- September 2022 Inventory: 1504 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Year-To-Date 2022 Inventory: 6024 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
- Year-To-Date 2021 Inventory: 6412 single family home listings were active at some point during the period.
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where home buyers’ shop. The reports show sales and prices were up slightly in New Smyrna Beach. Port Orange home sales increased more notably in October. And Ormond Beach held the October ranking with the highest median sales price during October, at $445,500.
- Ormond Beach: 84 sales, $445,500 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 61 sales, $275,000 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 46 sales, $426,750 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 56 sales, $418,500 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 61 sales, $407,990 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 11/17/22 for the following periods: 10/1/22 to 10/31/22, 10/1/21 to 10/31/21, 9/1/22 to 9/30/22, 9/1/21 to 9/30/21, 1/1/22 to 10/31/22, 1/1/21 to 10/31/21. New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 11/17/22 for the period of 10/1/22 to 10/31/22 and 9/1/22 to 9/30/22. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.