Strong Home Sales Across The Daytona Beach Area In January
The new year started strong for the Daytona Beach area real estate market with home sales up notably in annual comparisons.
For the month ending on January 31, 2020, the Daytona Beach Multiple Listing Service (MLS) reported that 314 existing single-family homes (detached) were sold in the greater Daytona Beach area with a median home sales price of $245,495. That’s a nearly 11 percent rise in sales totals, compared to January 2019. And it’s, and it’s a 16.5 percent increase in sales volume, year over year. Home sales were down compared to December, a trend that is typical for the Daytona Beach area in January.
The median sales price of single family homes sold across the Daytona Beach area was 3 percent higher than the previous year and 2 percent higher than in December.
- January 2020: 314 sales, $98,387,617 sales volume, $245,495 median sales price.
- January 2019: 283 sales, $84,389,858 sales volume, $238,000 median sales price.
- December 2019: 477 sales, $240,000 median sales price.
- December 2018: 410 sales, $224,950 median sales price.
“Strong home sales so early in the year ” said Daytona Beach Area Realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange, FL.
The inventory of available homes rose 6 percent over the number of homes listed during December. But the total remained 12 percent below the number of homes made available on the MLS during January last year.
- January 2020 Inventory: 2223 single family home listings were active at some point during the month
- January 2019 Inventory: 2488 single family home listings were active at some point during the month
- December 2019 Inventory: 2095 single family home listings were active at some point during the month
Wyse Home Team Realty also analyzed data for key areas where homebuyers shop. Sales and median sales prices were particularly strong in Ormond Beach. But New Smyrna Beach retained the area’s highest median sales price at more than $307,000.
- Ormond Beach: 67 sales, $274,000 median sales price.
- Mainland Daytona (Including Holly Hill and South Daytona): 42 sales, $150,500 median sales price.
- Beachside (Ormond By The Sea to Ponce Inlet): 31 sales, $230,000 median sales price.
- Port Orange: 52 sales, $277,000 median sales price.
- New Smyrna Beach: 57 sales, $307,170 median sales price.
About The Wyse Report and Wyse Home Team Realty:
The Wyse Report is a periodic report analyzing real estate sales, prices and trends in the greater Daytona Beach area. Statistical information provided is based on information accessed from the Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service on 2/17/20 for the following periods: 12/1/18 to 12/31/18, 12/1/19 to 12/31/19, 1/1/20 to 1/31/20, 1/1/19 to 1/31/19, New Smyrna Beach sales figures are based on information accessed from the New Smyrna Beach Multiple Listing Service on 2/17/20 for the period of 1/1/20 to 1/31/20. Learn more about Wyse Home Team Realty by visiting www.RonSellsTheBeach.com. Specific data research requests and custom comparisons are available to the media, upon request. If you have questions or requests, please contact Wyse Home Team Realty’s Broker and CEO, Ron Wysocarski at 386-562-2651.
Post a Comment