SHORT NOTICE SHOWING DRILL
Occasionally you will receive a call asking you to approve a showing request that would put prospective buyers in your home just minutes after the call ends. All you need is 10 minutes and this handy checklist!
- Noise Turn off the television and tune the radio (low volume) to a soft rock, middle of the road or classic rock station.
- Light: Turn on every light in the house (day or night) and open every drape and blind (day time only).
- Scent: Think candles, air freshner or even some frozen pastry baking slowly in the oven or a pan of water with a few drops of vanilla cooking low on the stove.
- Kitchen: Wipe down your kitchen counters, place dirty dishes in the dishwasher, tuck away extra small appliances.
- Bathrooms: Wipe counters, flush and close toilets.
- Living/Family Rooms: Hide magazines, newspapers, toys, and games. Just do a quick once over to remove the clutter.
- Bedrooms: Straighten beds. Hide the clutter under the bed or in a dresser if you have to (not in closet, because buyers may be looking at the space there).
- Outside: Put away toys, bicycles, yard tools, and clutter.
- Children & Pets: They are a distraction, so send them outside.
- LEAVE: This is the single most important thing you can do to help sell your home! LEAVE before the showing begins. You want your prospective buyers to get emotionally committed to your home. You want them to fall in love. But it's hard to imagine a place as your "new home" if the current owners are right there, hanging around. Go for a walk. Go to the store. Just go.