South Daytona, FL Homes for Sale
View every home for sale in South Daytona, FL below. Sign up to create an account to receive new property email alerts, price change alerts, track your favorite properties & more!
If you like a home in South Daytona, FL, you can add it to your favorites, request more information or set up a showing.
South Daytona, FL
South Daytona is a small town in Florida that is known for its beautiful beaches and great weather. The town is also home to some of the best restaurants in the area, as well as some amazing shopping opportunities. This vibrant community is located just minutes from Daytona Beach and offers plenty of interesting things to see and do. From its delightful downtown area to its beautiful beaches, South Daytona is definitely worth considering when looking for a new home.
South Daytona, FL Homes For Sale
Looking to buy a home in South Daytona?
Let us do the heavy lifting & find the perfect home for you. Just fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly!
South Daytona, Florida Real Estate Market
The city of South Daytona is located in Volusia County, Florida, United States with a population of over 12,000. South Daytona was founded in 1938 when the city of Daytona Beach annexed the town of Daytona Beach Shores. South Daytona is home to a number of businesses and attractions, including the Speedway Square Shopping Center, the Big John Marketplace, and the Central Florida Zoo. The city is also located just minutes from Daytona Beach and offers plenty of interesting things to see and do.
There is a variety of real estate options for those looking for a home in the Sunshine State. There are many waterfront properties available as well as homes in quiet, family-friendly neighborhoods. In addition, numerous retirement communities in South Daytona offer a wide range of amenities and activities for residents. The city’s location is ideal for those who want to enjoy the beaches of the Greater Daytona Beach area while also having access to the more urban amenities of Orlando and other nearby cities.
South Daytona has plenty of homes for sale, and the prices are very affordable. Most 2-bedroom homes will cost you around $200,000, while 3-bedroom homes will run you about $316,000. 4-bedroom homes are a bit more expensive, but they're still quite reasonable at $385,000. There are a number of homes for over $1 million with more significant properties with more luxurious features.
South Daytona, Florida Community Amenities
Golfers in South Daytona have plenty of golf courses to choose from, whether they're looking for a challenging course or one that's more forgiving. There are many popular courses for golfers to enjoy and some of them include:
- Oceans Golf Club - The course offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean from every hole, as well as a challenging layout that will test even the most experienced golfers. In addition to its 18 holes, the club also features a practice facility, pro shop, and clubhouse.
- Daytona Beach Golf & Country Club - The club features two 18 hole courses, each with its own unique challenges. The pro shop is stocked with all the latest gear, and the staff is always on hand to offer advice and assistance.
Some of the restaurants that can be found in the community are:
- Carolina Seafood Company - prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients, and it shows in its delicious dishes. Whether you are craving shrimp, crab, or lobster, you will find it all here
- Songkran Thai Restaurant - The menu features both traditional and contemporary Thai dishes, and there is something to cater to every taste. The atmosphere at Songkran Thai Restaurant is casual and relaxed, and the staff is friendly and attentive.
- Italy’s Pizza - The restaurant has been serving up mouth-watering pizza for years, and the menu features a wide variety of toppings to choose from. In addition to traditional toppings like pepperoni and sausage, Italy’s Pizza also offers unique toppings like shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes. For those who prefer a thinner crust, the restaurant offers a delicious thin-crust option.
- Rossi's Diner - The restaurant has a friendly atmosphere, and the staff is always willing to help with recommendations or anything else you may need. The menu features classic American dishes such as burgers, fries, and milkshakes
- Webbers Steak House - The restaurant offers a wide variety of steaks, seafood, and other menu items. The steaks are cooked to perfection, and the seafood is fresh and delicious. The service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is pleasant and inviting.
There is a large variety of retailers nearby, which include:
- Sunshine Mall - With 16 stores to choose from, there is something for everyone at Sunshine Mall. You will find everything from clothing and accessories to home goods and electronics.
- Sunshine Plaza - The center opened in 1971 and has over 287,000 square feet of retail space and is home to many stores, making it a popular destination for shoppers.
- Big Tree Plaza - is a one-stop shop for all your needs. They have a variety of stores that offer everything from groceries to clothes to electronics. They also have a food court that has a variety of different cuisines, so you're sure to find something to your taste.
South Daytona, Florida School Information
South Daytona falls under the Volusia Country School District. The Volusia County School District is one of the largest in the state of Florida, serving approximately 62,000 students in grades K-12. The district is made up of 92 schools, including 45 elementary schools, 12 middle schools, 9 high schools, 7 charter schools, 9 alternative schools, 2 combination schools, and 1 virtual instruction program. The school district offers a wide range of academic and extracurricular programs. In addition to its excellent academics, Volusia County also offers a variety of sports and other extracurricular activities. As a result, students in the district have the opportunity to get a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in college and beyond. Some of the schools in the district include:
South Daytona Elementary School | 600 Elizabeth Pl, Daytona Beach, FL
Kindergarten - Grade 5 | Student Enrollment: 855
Campbell Middle School | 625 S Keech St, Daytona Beach, FL
Grade 6 - Grade 8 | Student Enrollment: 756
Mainland High School | 1255 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL
Grades 9 - Grade 12 | Student Enrollment: 1,979
Along with excellent public schooling options available in South Daytona, Florida those who are interested in private education also have choices. Offering both religious and non-religious instruction, private schools in the area include:
The Chase Academy | 2400 S Ridgewood Ave, South Daytona
Kindergarten - Grades 12 | Private, non-religious
Basilica School of St. Paul | 317 Mullally St, Daytona Beach, FL
Kindergarten - Grade 8 | Private, Catholic
Warner Christian Academy | 1730 S Ridgewood Ave, South Daytona, FL
Kindergarten - Grade 12 | Private, Christian
For those students who wish to continue their education post-high school, there are many wonderful universities and colleges that are located near South Daytona. They include:
Daytona Beach is one of the most popular beach towns in the United States. It is located in Florida on the Atlantic coast. Daytona Beach is home to a large number of in-town activities, as well as many beaches and attractions. It's known for its sparkling waters, soft sand beaches, and motorsports heritage.
There are many different types of homes for sale, from small condos to large beach houses. The real estate market is very stable, and there are always plenty of buyers looking for their perfect home. Prices of homes for sale in the city are relatively affordable, making it a great place to purchase a second home or investment property.
Living in Florida
Florida is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is bordered by Alabama to the northwest, Georgia to the northeast, and the Gulf of Mexico to the west. With a population of over 21 million people, it is the third most populous state in the country. The capital of Florida is Tallahassee, and the largest city is Jacksonville.
Florida is known for its warm climate and beautiful beaches. It is a popular tourist destination, with over 100 million visitors each year. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other popular attractions. Other popular tourist destinations in Florida include Miami, Tampa, and Key West.
Florida has a diverse economy that includes agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, and construction. The state is also a leading producer of citrus fruits, sugarcane, tomatoes, and tobacco. Florida's economy was impacted greatly by the housing market crash of 2008, but it has since rebounded and continues to grow.
Real estate in Florida is a hot commodity. The state’s mild climate, beautiful beaches, and abundance of recreational activities make it a highly sought-after destination for both full-time residents and vacationers alike. As a result, the demand for Florida real estate is always high. With prices ranging from affordable to luxurious, there’s something for every budget.